Tuesday, August 25, 2020

A New Blog Which I Follow

Dear Friends,
I firmly believe our time is best spent in reading good material; far more important to our spiritual growth than the "red meat" tossed to us by so many, even in the Catholic media or (especially) the 'chattering class' (blogosphere, Youtube, etc.).  So many seem to 'delight' in reading or watching material which will outrage them, give them reason to build 'righteous anger' or resentment towards others, especially towards those in authority or those in another class of people, choose your classification.  We must always remember that we have been called by our baptism to "charity", to holiness; knowing all, or being 'right' about anything is not our ticket to heaven (cf. 1 Corinthians 13).
Fr. Derek Sadowski is one of those whom I would describe as "the best of us".  I've been in admiration of his piety, his intellect, his humility, and his humanity since his time in the seminary (my time as a young priest).  For that reason I am pleased to commend to you his blog: "Abide in Love".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! But be charitable. Trolls will be exorcised from this com box!