Thursday, March 19, 2020

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING AVAILABILITY FOR PASTORAL CARE


As of Friday, March 20, all public Masses in the Diocese of La Crosse are cancelled.  Priests are directed by Bishop Callahan to offer their daily Mass in private.  I am aware, however, of the extra need for pastoral care in this time of crisis.  I will be in St. Mary’s Church at about 8:30 am each day after my private Mass.  I will remain until 10:00 am, ready to hear confessions, bless salt, water, and olive oil, and simply be available.  I will generally be in St. Mary's Church again from 5:30 pm until 8:00 pm.  On Fridays I intend to be at Sacred Heart Church from a little after 10:00 am until 12:00 noon.  I will also be at each of our parish churches for confessions, etc., during the time I would normally be there for Mass on weekends.  This will give all an added opportunity for confession, blessings, etc.  Please note that all confessions will be heard “behind the screen”.  If you are in need of pastoral care, including Confession, Sacrament of Anointing, etc., but cannot come to church, please call!  Finally, please be diligent in observing the government prohibition against more than 10 people being in a confined (indoor) space at any one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! But be charitable. Trolls will be exorcised from this com box!